The Sales Development Representative is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound calling activities. This entry level position requires an ambitious self-starter and someone that can effectively process inbound inquiries and identify qualified leads and opportunities. Relationship selling skills, with the ability to manage sales calls and emails and update a contact management system. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
The SDR Representative is responsible for qualifying leads at the initial stages in the sales funnel. They must research potential clients, connect with, and educate prospects and qualify leads before handing them off to the ERP Sales Representative.
The inbound sales process:
is directed toward prospects who have shown interest in your product or service by reaching out to the company or salesperson via phone call, email, or request for additional information. Since contact has already been made, sales reps begin making warm or hot outreaches. The inbound sales consist of all lead generation/pay per leads, SEO, Google organic search, Leadfeeder.
The outbound sales process:
requires salespeople to reach out to prospects in the form of cold calls, emails, or social networks. This process allows salespeople to personalize their outreach from the first touch point, but many people don’t like being contacted without having previously shown interest. They can use our in-house VAI Lists to make calls, drive prospects to webinars and schedule appointments. This will also include Pre calls to the list of trade show attendees to schedule meetings for attendees to meet the sales reps at the booth.
- Promoting and marketing business through extensive and persistent cold calling, emails, and communication(s) to prospective clients
- Scheduling Initial Prospecting Meetings for the Sales Team
- Providing in depth information to the Sales team to enable the most qualified and productive demos
- Researching and evaluating additional leads/prospects through web research
- Meet or exceed assigned quota of a minimum of 50 calls/ 50 emails.
- Working together with the Sales Director to grow a specific sales territory
- Maintaining all contacts/opportunities and recording all progress in Salesforce
- 1+ years of progressively responsible marketing, inside sales or business development related sales experience (preferred)
- Proven track record demonstrating strong articulation of a product selling points via phone and email
- Ability to assist in coordinating sales functions including prospecting and leads research
- Four-year post-secondary education/Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with excellent listening skills
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues clearly
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently