VAI is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Gold Business Partner, VAI continues to innovate with new solutions that leverage analytics, business intelligence, mobility and cloud technology to help customers make more informed business decisions in real-time and empower their mobile workforces. VAI is headquartered in Ronkonkoma, NY with branch offices in Florida, Illinois and California.
At VAI you will have the opportunity to work with a seasoned team of directors and developers who have helped create what S2K is today. Our company has a dynamic and exciting environment that will challenge you as you develop your career. Established in 1978, VAI continues to grow year after year.
The following positions are currently available:
ERP Software Sales Representative
VAI is seeking ambitious and results driven Enterprise Sales Representatives to help us grow revenue by bringing on new customers. This is a unique opportunity for highly motivated sales professionals with experience selling enterprise software solutions, the aptitude to understand new technology, and the ability to efficiently conduct software demonstrations. As a VAI Enterprise Sales Representative, you will be responsible for selling ERP Software to companies throughout North America. You will be assisted by other members of the VAI sales team to help you in identifying potential opportunities and work with you to manage the sales process through to signed agreements.
- Manage a sales territory, either vertical or geographical
- Qualify opportunities and implement sales campaigns
- Fully understand the business requirements of prospects and customers
- Conduct ERP software demonstrations and match features and benefits to the customers business requirements
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts
- Manage the short and medium term pipeline
- Minimum of 4 years of experience of new business sales
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- Proven sales success
- An accomplished track record of selling multi-level to business, technical and IT people
- Business application, e.g. ERP, Supply Chain, and CRM
- Background of ERP markets and businesses preferred
- Quickly qualify opportunities and key strategic positions for each new prospect
- Build and maintain relationships at the "C" and "VP" levels of the defined
- Accounting Background
Jr Network Administrator
The ideal candidate would be enthusiastic, with patience and ability to work in dynamic environment and follows procedures with the following experience.
- Documentation (Visio, Lucid, Dia)
- Switches (VLANs, Trunks), Ethernet Link Aggregation (Port-channel, Ether-channel)
- *nix (CLI)
- Firewalls (Access Policies), VPN (IPSec, SSL)
- Routers (IGP: OSPF, EIGRP and static routes)
- Project Management
- Security aware (understands implications of lazy network security
- Decent general trouble-shooting (ability to break a problem down and solve)
Must have experience in managing projects and demonstrate leadership abilities. This role includes architecting, designing, configuring, developing, testing, integrating, implementing, and supporting VAI’s S2K software. You will work with a team of programmers. Some travel is necessary. Salary is highly competitive. Additional information is available by request.
Experienced RPG programmer that can assist in the design, development, testing, and implementation of VAI’s S2K software. Must have the following technical skills:
- IBM i (AS/400, iSeries) operating system
- DB2, SDA, CL Language, SQL, RPG ILE Program