VAI is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Gold Business Partner, VAI continues to innovate with new solutions that leverage analytics, business intelligence, mobility and cloud technology to help customers make more informed business decisions in real-time and empower their mobile workforces. VAI is headquartered in Ronkonkoma, NY with branch offices in Florida, Illinois and California.
At VAI you will have the opportunity to work with a seasoned team of directors and developers who have helped create what S2K is today. Our company has a dynamic and exciting environment that will challenge you as you develop your career. Established in 1978, VAI continues to grow year after year.
The following positions are currently available:
Quality Assurance (QA) AnalystPosted: Mar 12, 2021
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst will conduct testing on software, and other technical products to identify and resolve bugs, defects, and other potential issues.
- Reviews design specifications to understand the scope, requirements, and function of the software product.
- Identifies appropriate parameters, functions, and data to test and validate; parameters may include general function, validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and compliance with industry standards.
- Conducts testing to ensure products perform according to user requirements and within established guidelines.
- Identifies, logs, and recreates error codes, bugs, and defects.
- When a product does not perform within specifications, reports defects to programmers while identifying and recommending solutions, improvements, and updates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of software and database testing including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored jobs, and error replication.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create test plans and cases from specifications or verbal communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Three years of related experience required.
Software Developer – Full TimePosted: Mar 30, 2021
Software Developer is needed to perform the following duties:
- Analysis, design and development of e-commerce and Enterprise Resource Planning software using various technology stack such as JAVA, DB2, WebSphere, REST API, Microservices in Spring Boot.
- Participate in the low-level design discussions of various standalone and customer centric applications and contribute to successful delivery.
- Work as a subject matter expert for reducing the latency and turnaround time for the existing applications to make them more robust and perform requests in a much more effective manner.
- Coordinate with multiple teams of Developers, admins, Testing Team, UAT Team, Business users and provide solutions for improvement of code quality, increase performance and scalability for deployed data product.
- Participate in requirements gathering based on the business requirements and use cases available and help in root cause analysis.
- Coordinate between various team within the firm and third-party teams that provide APIs to maintain the bidirectional flow of data to provide various cutting-edge features and keep the application up to date on the latest technology stack.
- Prepare proper documentation for all the features developed and newly configured APIs.
- Monitor Deployment process, and ensure the proper steps are followed. Monitor the postproduction process of load balancing and handling.
- Perform code reviews for Junior Developers and ensure the quality of code being maintained.
- Work on the assigned work and help in the existing and upcoming projects to complete goals and objectives for every sprint.
- Mentor new team members and provide technical guidance.
- Responsible for effective communication between project teams as part of Scrum team and provide input to requirement team, Dev team, project coordinator, testing team and business user team to resolve outstanding issues or any requirements gaps or changes in any requirements during the lifecycle of project.
- Gather requirements from clients for modifications on the base products.
Bachelor’s degree is required in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Information Systems
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer – Full TimePosted: Mar 31, 2021
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in a senior engineer role with the following qualifications:
- Proven competence in VMWare virtualization technologies
- Experience with IBM Power Virtualization technologies preferred
- Extensive experience with SAN storage connectivity, multipathing, and general architecture
- Advanced troubleshooting, diagnostic and problem solving capabilities
- Comprehensive understanding of networking (OSI model, IP addressing, subnetting, VLANS)
- Experience creating and maintaining network and project documentation
Support Center Facilitator Receptionist Full TimePosted: Apr 12, 2021
Monday through Friday 8:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. – flexible
- Serves as liaison for users, management, and/or staff on logs that come in through the Support Center.
- Creates, enter, and distribute logs that come in through the Support Center. Greets clients, visitors, and guests; determines the purpose of each persons visit and directs or escorts to the appropriate location. Occasional lunch orders required.
- Answers, screens, and directs phone calls to staff on multi-line switchboard.
- Receives mail, documents, packages, courier deliveries and delivers or distributes items as well as shipping.
- Enter/track data within CRM system.
- Performs administrative and clerical support tasks.
- Performs basic filing and recordkeeping.
- Light shipping duties with onsite shipping system.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.