VAI is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Gold Business Partner, VAI continues to innovate with new solutions that leverage analytics, business intelligence, mobility and cloud technology to help customers make more informed business decisions in real-time and empower their mobile workforces. VAI is headquartered in Ronkonkoma, NY with branch offices in Florida, Illinois and California.
At VAI you will have the opportunity to work with a seasoned team of directors and developers who have helped create what S2K is today. Our company has a dynamic and exciting environment that will challenge you as you develop your career. Established in 1978, VAI continues to grow year after year.
The following positions are currently available:
ERP Software Sales Representative
VAI is seeking ambitious and results driven Enterprise Sales Representatives to help us grow revenue by bringing on new customers. This is a unique opportunity for highly motivated sales professionals with experience selling enterprise software solutions, the aptitude to understand new technology, and the ability to efficiently conduct software demonstrations. As a VAI Enterprise Sales Representative, you will be responsible for selling ERP Software to companies throughout North America. You will be assisted by other members of the VAI sales team to help you in identifying potential opportunities and work with you to manage the sales process through to signed agreements.
- Manage a sales territory, either vertical or geographical
- Qualify opportunities and implement sales campaigns
- Fully understand the business requirements of prospects and customers
- Conduct ERP software demonstrations and match features and benefits to the customers business requirements
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts
- Manage the short and medium term pipeline
- Minimum of 4 years of experience of new business sales
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- Proven sales success
- An accomplished track record of selling multi-level to business, technical and IT people
- Business application, e.g. ERP, Supply Chain, and CRM
- Background of ERP markets and businesses preferred
- Quickly qualify opportunities and key strategic positions for each new prospect
- Build and maintain relationships at the "C" and "VP" levels of the defined
- Accounting Background
Jr Network Administrator
The ideal candidate would be enthusiastic, with patience and ability to work in dynamic environment and follows procedures with the following experience.
- Documentation (Visio, Lucid, Dia)
- Switches (VLANs, Trunks), Ethernet Link Aggregation (Port-channel, Ether-channel)
- *nix (CLI)
- Firewalls (Access Policies), VPN (IPSec, SSL)
- Routers (IGP: OSPF, EIGRP and static routes)
- Project Management
- Security aware (understands implications of lazy network security
- Decent general trouble-shooting (ability to break a problem down and solve)
We are seeking a Linux Systems Administrator (SysAdmin) who will assist our Data Center & applications teams in building and maintaining critical systems that support our customer's businesses. Candidates should have in-depth, hands-on experience in Linux OS (RHEL/SUSE) and VMWare and basic networking knowledge. Additionally, they should be familiar with Bourne shell scripting and should able to run, maintain, and write basic scripts. The position will be divided between maintaining servers in our private cloud infrastructure, and providing support and expertise to our clients as needed. You will be interfacing with IT staff at our clients as well as their servers.
- Respond to incidents and handle support requests for a variety of technologies related to our hosted and on premise applications
- At least 5+ years of experience in relevant technologies
- Core skills/technologies: RHEL, Red Hat Satellite, Intermediate Bash scripting
- Break/fix, provisioning & decom, patching, migrations, troubleshooting and resolving system OS, software, and performance issues
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux operating system environment & VMWare VSphere. Knowledge of storage technology a +
- Experience in a variety of sizes and types of environment
- Application server experience (Websphere, Apache Tomcat) a +
- PCI/DSS-3 familiarity a +
- IBM Power Systems knowledge a +
Must have experience in managing projects and demonstrate leadership abilities. This role includes architecting, designing, configuring, developing, testing, integrating, implementing, and supporting VAI’s S2K software. You will work with a team of programmers. Some travel is necessary. Salary is highly competitive. Additional information is available by request.
Quality Assurance Analyst
The Quality Assurance Analyst will help by validating that the systems meet design specifications and requirements and will make sure that testing is well defined, planned and executed. The analyst does this by ensuring that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications.
- Execute and evaluate manual test cases and report test results.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Liaison with development, project management and customer support.
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) –To communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables – ensures the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solution being tested
- Business process understanding in the Wholesale Distribution area.
BS or BA degree preferred.
- 3+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience in Wholesale Distribution, either in testing, implementation or administration.
Experienced RPG programmer that can assist in the design, development, testing, and implementation of VAI’s S2K software. Must have the following technical skills:
- IBM i (AS/400, iSeries) operating system
- DB2, SDA, CL Language, SQL, RPG ILE Program