VAI Annual Survey Reveals the Industry’s Biggest Technology Trends and Priorities for 2019
Ronkonkoma, N.Y. – March 25, 2019 – VAI, a leading ERP software developer, today released the results of its 2019 Customer Survey, which sourced feedback from its customer base of IT professionals in the manufacturing, retail, and distribution industries to identify industry-wide technology priorities and expectations for the year.
In an effort to continually stay on the cutting edge of its customers’ needs, VAI has identified business priorities and technologies to better serve and engage organizations. VAI is using the annual survey as an opportunity to collect and share end-user insight, trends impacting different business sectors, and challenges and opportunities businesses are facing. Some of this year’s most compelling findings include:
- The biggest technology trends that respondents reported have impacted their business are analytics and business intelligence (84%), mobile applications (76%), and sales and marketing automation (63%).
- Customers reported that analytics and business intelligence are the most prominent application focus for IT budgets (58%), followed by warehouse automation (40%), and e-commerce and shipping and logistics (33%).
- Of the respondents not currently running enterprise software in the cloud, 67% are considering it in the near future.
- Nearly 50% of respondents say their company’s current level of technology spend is higher or significantly higher compared to last year.
- 0% of respondents are pessimistic about their company’s 2019 business outlook, and approximately 82% have a cautiously optimistic or optimistic outlook.
“We value our customers’ feedback, and apply it directly when making development updates to our enterprise solutions,” said Diane Dady, Director of Communications at VAI. “As businesses continue to move toward data-driven models, it’s no surprise that business intelligence continues to be top of mind for our customers, and that more businesses are seeing cloud as a major priority. VAI remains committed to meeting these demands with dedicated solutions and resource teams ready to offer support.”
The full list of survey results is available here: https://bit.ly/2HPAnQe.
VAI is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, retail, and service sectors. VAI's software solutions are backed by a wealth of experience and a reputation for excellence that countless companies rely on. With specific ERP solutions for Hard Goods, Food, and Pharmaceutical companies, VAI has helped some of the most recognized companies address key industry requirements and deliver bottom-line results. VAI continues to innovate with new solutions that leverage analytics, business intelligence, mobility, and cloud technology to help customers make more informed business decisions and empower their mobile workforce. VAI is headquartered in Ronkonkoma, NY, with branch offices located in Florida, Illinois, and California. For more information, visit www.vai.net, follow @VAISoftware on Twitter, vai_software on Instagram, and “like us” on facebook.com/VAISoftware.
For more information, please contact: