VAI Launches into 2010 Focused on Transitioning to the New Economy
Company wraps-up a strong 2009 and emerges ready to help clients excel in this rapidly changing market
Ronkonkoma, N.Y. -- January 19, 2010 -- VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.), ended 2009 on a high note, with a strong track record of new client activity, software updates, award wins and industry leadership and recognition. VAI, a leader in enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions for the mid-market, and an IBM Premier Business Partner, anticipates continued growth and success as it positions itself to help its clients’ transition to the new economy. The company emerged from 2009 with a reaffirmed commitment to its IBM partner status – and begins 2010 with multiple new hires.
- Industry Leadership: VAI strengthened its position as an industry thought leader in a variety of ways throughout 2009. The company hosted its 2009 User Conference as a cost-effective, Web-based virtual event. The online conference brought together more than 300 VAI customers with complimentary access to a series of workshops designed to provide training and information about the latest features and benefits of the S2K Software Suite. In 2010, VAI will return to Disney's BoardWalk Inn in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The conference, which is planned for Nov. 3–6, will feature the theme, Transitioning Your Company in the New Economy. The event is designed to provide immediately implementable, real-world knowledge; and as such, the conference workshops will include topics on extending the enterprise, lowering operational costs and enhancing customer loyalty.
Throughout 2009, several VAI employees published white papers offering insight on a variety of topics, including Software as a Service (SaaS), warehouse management systems (WMS), green warehouse operations, selecting ERP software and business process optimization. In addition, VAI executives were featured authors in several trade and industry publications including Achieving Business Excellence, Industrial Distribution, The Wholesaler and The Advertiser.
- Client Activity: In 2009, amid a global economic crisis, VAI added numerous clients in the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries to its diverse customer portfolio. A variety of new clients selected VAI’s S2K, such as Best Line Oil, Frank Miller Lumber, Quirepace Ltd., and The Trinity Company. In addition, many existing customers including B.J. Alan Company, Capital Hardware Supply, National DCP, Lynden Door, and Syntec Industries renewed and/or expanded significant new technology projects with VAI.
- S2K Software Updates: VAI upgraded its S2K Enterprise for Food Distribution software in a continued effort to provide customers with outstanding service and top-of-the-line technology solutions. This powerful food ERP and distribution software gives distributors the ability to manage the supply chain and customer relationships more efficiently than ever before. S2K for Food Distribution includes several enhancements including streamlined WMS functionality, efficient unit of work management, on-demand replenishment, advanced receiving options and improved manufacturing capabilities.
- IBM Relationship: An IBM Premier Business Partner for ten years, VAI continued its long-standing relationship with the technology giant in 2009. The software developer renewed its IBM Independent Software Vendor (ISV) affiliation and was asked to participate in the ISV Advisory Council. Additionally, VAI executives are members of IBM’s Systems & Technology Group (STG) Technical Enterprise and Operating System Design Advisory Council. Notably, VAI is the only Power 6 ERP vendor to be included in IBM’s Smart Business program. Smart Business is an online initiative designed to help companies ease the research, implementation and management of business applications. With a renewed Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) agreement with IBM, VAI is poised to provide its client base with access to the finest technology resources and equipment available through IBM.
- Awards and Recognition: 2009 brought recognition in many forms to VAI. The company was named to the 2009 Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies. IBM chose VAI as a 2009 Beacon Award finalist in the Outstanding Enterprise Application Solution by an ISV Category. In addition, VAI CEO Bob Vormittag received the LISTnet “Julian” Award for his lifetime commitment to the growth and enhancement of Long Island, and the Hauppauge Industrial Association (HIA) selected VAI for its Special Achievement Award for Growth.
- New Hires: VAI ended 2009 with the hiring of new marketing coordinator, Eileen Almonte. The firm begins 2010 prepared to hire several new programmers, recently adding Charles Butler to the roster as a senior programmer and Phil Mercadante as senior program manager. VAI plans to hire many additional employees throughout the year.
VAI CEO Bob Vormittag stated, “ERP software development is an exciting industry, and 2009 was an exceptional year for many reasons. Especially in today’s economy where new business is harder to acquire, business leaders must implement smart solutions that extend access to accurate and timely enterprise data to keep existing clients competitive and increase profit margins. VAI understands this, and our success in 2009 was a direct result of the real commitment, true innovation and hard work of the VAI staff. Despite the existing and rapidly changing world economic climate, progressive firms continue to demand technology solutions that provide a real return on investment (ROI). As we close the book on 2009 and look ahead to 2010, we are resolute in our mission to supply our customers with an advanced arsenal of ERP applications to continually enhance efficiencies, improve the customer experience and maintain an emphasis on using technology to grow the business in this rapidly changing market.”
About VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.)
VAI is an award-winning software developer and an IBM Premier Business Partner. Designed for the mid-range market, S2K Enterprise is used by a wide variety of mid-sized companies worldwide, with a number of clients in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, food and related service industries. Advanced applications such as Warehouse Management Systems, EDI, CRM and e-Business provide companies the power to leverage their information technology investment. VAI is headquartered in Ronkonkoma, New York, with branch offices in Miami, Orlando, Chicago and Oroville, California. For more information, please contact Diane Dady at 800-824-7776, ext. 236 or visit (www.vai.net).
For more information, please contact: